Physical Environment - 2015-2016
Administrative Support Office: Facilities Division (Steve Arndt, Associate Vice Chancellor)
Contact for web site: Ron Grote
The Physical Environment Committee meets on the first Thursday in the months of September through May from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. with the exception of the January meeting which is held the second Thursday.
- Advise the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Business on matters pertaining to the university physical environment.
- Solicit and thoughtfully consider committee members' opinions with respect to plans for overall development and regulations of the physical environment of the core campus of the University including buildings, landscaping and transportation.
- Provide direction and critically review the basic concepts and assumptions underlying the development of the Physical Master Plan for the core campus of the University.
- Provide direction and critically review the basic concepts and assumptions underlying parking regulations, vehicle registrations, fees, and parking space allocations; and the development of alternative plans for the regulation and flow of traffic and levels of parking service.
- Review and recommend generalized site locations for buildings, streets, parking facilities and other major proposals.
- Review and ensure that the concepts of sustainability are incorporated into building, landscaping, and transportation projects and in alignment with the University’s sustainability goals as outlined in the Physical Master Plan.
- Provide regular communication and consultation about its deliberations with the appropriate committees of the Faculty Senate, Staff Senate, and Student Government.