Council on Undergraduate Education
Administrative Support Office: Academic Programs and Services (Dr. Barbara Kirby, Associate Vice Provost)
Dr. Jessica Jameson, Associate Professor, Communication
Winston Hall 201D, Box 8104; 919-515-9737 firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Coordinator:: Catherine Freeman, Academic Standards Coordinator; 919-515-9769 email@example.com
Meeting Schedule - See Agendas link to the right for meeting dates, location, and agenda. CUE meets from 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Bloom's Taxonomy & Bloom's Classification of Cognitive Skills
- GEP Review Structure Discussions Summary
- CUE Resource Packet 2012-2013 [PDF]
- GEP Course Evaluation Rubric
- Honors Special Topics Series Fall 2012
GEP Course Review Schedule:
- IP Course Review Schedule
- USD Course Review Schedule
- GK Course Review Schedule
- MA Course Review Schedule
- NS Course Review Schedule
- HUM Course Review Schedule
- HES Course Review Schedule
Suggested Templates for Contacting Faculty:
Faculty and Advisor Resources:
- Bloom's Taxonomy & Classification of Cognitive Skills
- Courses Approved Added or Dropped for the GEP (2012-2013)
GEP Special Topics Shell Numbers:
The forms below should be used when submitting courses to be approved or reviewed for a GEP category:
GEP Short Forms and Instructions:
- Instructions and Signature Page for Short forms [Word]
- GEP Short Form Interdisciplinary Perspectives (IP) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Interdisciplinary Perspectives Shell (IP 295) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Global Knowledge (GK) [Word]
- GEP Short Form US Diversity (USD) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Humanities (HUM) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Mathematics(MA) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Natural Sciences(NS) [Word]
- GEP Short Form PE/Healthy Living (PE/HL) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Social Sciences (SS) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Visual & Performing Arts (VPA) [Word]
GEP Course Evaluation Rubric:
- In consultation with the Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services and the Vice Chancellor and Dean of the Division of Academic and Student Affairs, advise the Provost in matters relating to undergraduate education and the General Education Program.
- Assist in the development, revision, and evaluation of University regulations with regard to general education and the General Education Program for all undergraduate curricula.
- Review courses for inclusion on the University's list of courses which can be used to satisfy General Education Program requirements.
- Develop and conduct periodic reviews of the General Education course lists.
- CUE in conjunction with the Office of Assessment in the Office of Academic Programs and Services will develop recommendations for implementation of assessment procedures for general education courses and categories.
- Advise the Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services on procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of general education and the General Education Program and related policies as they are implemented and for initiating proposals for policy revisions.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate's Academic Policy Committee for consideration of policies, procedures or other matters pertaining to the academic mission of the University.