Undergraduate Education, Council on - 2011-2012
Administrative Support Office: Undergraduate Academic Programs (John Ambrose, Dean)
Dr. Helmut Hergeth, Associate Professor, Textile & Apparel Technology and Management
College of Textiles 3318, Box 8301
Contact for website: Catherine Freeman, Coordinator
- Courses Approved Added, Reviewed, or Dropped for the GEP (2011-2012)
- GEP Course Evaluation Rubric
- 2011-2012 CUE Committee Member Resource Packet [PDF Version]
IP 295 Special Topics Shell Course:
- Approved CUE Guidelines for GEP IP 295 offering -Revised Nov. 11, 2011
- GEP Short Form - IP 295 Shell
- Signature Page for IP 295 Shell
Course Review Schedule:
- IP Course Review Schedule - [PDF] Updated Jan 6, 2012
- USD Course Review Schedule - [PDF] Updated Feb 6, 2012
Suggested Templates for Contacting Faculty:
GEP Course Evaluation Rubric:
GEP Review Short Forms and Instructions:
- Instructions and Signature Page for Short forms [Word]
- GEP Short Form Interdisciplinary Perspectives (IP) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Global Knowledge (GK) [Word]
- GEP Short Form US Diversity (USD) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Humanities (HUM) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Mathematics(MATH) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Natural Sciences(NS) [Word]
- GEP Short Form PE/Healthy Living (PE/HL) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Social Sciences (SS) [Word]
- GEP Short Form Visual & Performing Arts (VPA-Addt. Breadth) [Word]
The Council on Undergraduate Education generally meets the first and third Friday of each month during the academic year from 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. Please check agendas for meeting location and scheduled meeting dates.
- Advise the Dean of Undergraduate Academic Programs.
- Assist in the development, revision, and evaluation of University regulations with regard to general education and the General Education Program for all undergraduate curricula.
- Review courses for inclusion on the University's list of courses which can be used to satisfy General Education Program requirements.
- Develop and conduct periodic reviews of the General Education course lists.
- CUE in conjunction with the Office of Assessment in the Division of Undergraduate Academic Programs will develop recommendations for implementation of assessment procedures for general education courses and categories.
- Advise the Dean of Undergraduate Academic Programs on procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of general education and the General Education Program and related policies as they are implemented and for initiating proposals for policy revisions.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate's Academic Policy Committee for consideration of policies, procedures or other matters pertaining to the academic mission of the University.