Harrelson Fund - 2012-2013
Administrative Support Office: Office of the Provost (Betsy Brown, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs)
Contact for web site: Karen Acree
The Harrelson Committee meets approximately six times per year. Meetings are scheduled based on the availability of the committee members.
Committee Charge [Chancellor Caldwell's Memorandum dated July 18, 1961 describes the Harrelson Fund.]
- Advise the Provost on expenditures from the bequest of the late Chancellor Harrelson.
- Assist in implementation of approved projects, including selection of speakers, program events, etc.
- Annually select a prominent individual, distinguished in scholarship or public life, as the Harrelson Lecturer. The selection process shall be determined by the committee, with the expectation to publicly solicit suggestions and nominations from all segments of the University.
- Maintain written guidelines for sponsors of Harrelson Lecturers specifying budget limitations and procedures including payment of honoraria and other expenses, publicity, and visit arrangements (e.g., schedule of receptions, special luncheons, seminars and meetings with Committee members and University officials). The Committee should work closely with the sponsor to assure that the potential of the lectureship is fully realized.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate's Resources and Environment Committee for consideration of policies or procedures or other matters having across-campus impact.