Evaluation of Teaching - 2015-2016
Administrative Support Office: Vice Provost Betsy Brown
Contact for web site: Judy Austin
- In consultation with the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, advise the Provost on matters of teaching evaluation.
- On a continuing basis, review the effectiveness of current techniques of faculty teaching evaluation and the selection procedure for the Outstanding Teacher Awards. Recommend changes as needed.
- Advise the Provost and Chancellor on compliance with university and general administration policies on teaching evaluation.
- Review the best research on and models of teaching evaluation at our peer and other institutions.
- Solicit information from colleges and departments regarding their teaching evaluation practices.
- Suggest improvements in policy and practice.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate's Academic Policy committee for consideration of policies, procedures and standards.