Courses & Curricula - 2011-2012
Administrative Support Office: Undergraduate Academic Programs (John Ambrose, Dean)
Andy Nowel, OUP Associate Director, Curriculum & Scheduling, Sr. Academic Advisor
Nelson Hall 2150, Box 8614
Contact for web site: Catherine Freeman, Coordinator
The University Courses and Curricula Committee meets every other Wednesday during the academic year from 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. in the Talley Student Center, Walnut Room or Blue Room. Please check each agenda to confirm meeting location.
- In consultation with the Dean of Undergraduate Academic Programs, advise the Provost in matters relating to courses and curricula.
- Review undergraduate course and curriculum proposals, including academic minors, honors programs, and non-degree certificate programs.
- In consultation with the college curriculum committees and the college deans, develop policies and procedures for this purpose except that, when reviewing the proposals that involve the General Education requirements in any undergraduate curriculum, the committee shall follow regulations established by the Provost on the recommendation of the Council on Undergraduate Education.
- Develop guidelines and conduct periodic review of courses.
- The UCCC will interface with the Academic Policy Committee of the Faculty Senate on development of policies and procedures regarding courses and curricula.